How To Get Out Of A Lodger Agreement

Maybe you want to get your tenant to leave for whatever reason, they feel more comfortable living alone, or they no longer need the extra money. Hello, I have a tenant at my house for two years, and we have not had any problems before. However, he moved in with his girlfriend in November, which was agreed as a temporary two-month stay. She`s still here, and they split up three months ago, but she allowed her to share her room. She doesn`t pay me rent directly, but to my original roommate. I asked her to leave at the end of September (6 weeks notice), but since then she refuses to contact me and has created an unbearable atmosphere in the apartment. She keeps jumping, messing up and taking friends without my permission. This was compounded by the fact that my original roommate had been away for 2 weeks and looked after her. I then sent her another letter explaining to her that, given her behaviour and the distress she causes me, I have no choice but to give her a week`s notice to leave (last Sunday). She responded and said she refused to consider that note until my roommate came back and did not leave. I talked to my roommate, but he refuses to do anything because he “remains neutral.” None of us have ever received a written agreement, the accommodation contract is in my name and all living/kitchen/bathrooms are shared.

I want him to go, and I want it out as soon as possible. Can you consult, please? Thanks I moved to a common property 3 months ago, with an existing tenant (not the landlord), and mistakenly signed a tenant contract (not knowing it was different from a lease). My landlord never mentioned that she was supposed to be a permanent resident in the house until weeks after I moved in, and originally told me that she was living with her family in another part of the country. However, your landlord must still take steps to ensure that your home is safe and that you are not injured due to the condition of your home. Your licensing agreement could determine which repairs you and your landlord are responsible for – it could give you additional rights, so it`s worth checking your agreement. Personally, I would suggest a written communication, rather than a single oral communication (if you excuse a written communication for misunderstandings). It`s better to wait and see what happens. However, if she leaves before the notice period expires and asks for deposit payments, first look at what your written agreement says. If he doesn`t say anything, I think it would be better to distribute it and pay it back for the period after he leaves (minus all the damage).

At least you`ll get rid of her. Although depending on the circumstances, you may be able to make an argument in favor of maintaining everything. If you have a periodic agreement, you must indicate the notice period set in your agreement. If the agreement does not say how much termination is required, it depends on whether you have an excluded lease or an excluded license. If you have a fixed-term contract, for example. B 6 or 12 months, you can usually stay until the end date, unless the contract indicates that the owner can terminate it prematurely. Hey, Jim. It is not a big problem not to have a tenant agreement.

It`s easier if you have one. She says that as a tenant, she does not need to communicate. but we agreed orally that she would have to give several months` notice if she wanted to leave before moving in, and she paid the deposit and I gave her a receipt (for which I have a copy) 2. Imagine that the locks on your property will be changed at a time when your tenant will probably be out for a while.